1. An instrument or machine for weighing.
2. any of the numerous plates, made of various substances resembling enamel or dentine, that characteristically form the external covering offishes, reptiles, and certain mammals.
3. a line, numerical ratio, etc., for showing this ratio
4. to climb to the top of (a height) by or as if by a ladder
5. Music a group of notes taken in ascending or descending order, esp within the compass of one octave
6. a relative degree or extent ‘he entertained on a grand scale’
7. a progressive or graduated table of things, wages, etc., in order of size, value, etc. a wage scale for carpenters
9. An instrument or a machine for weighing.
10. To have a given weight, as determined by a scale.
12. This Life
Jeff Perera works to inspire men to redefine masculinity and help end violence against women. Jeff’s delivered a few TEDx talks, including ‘The Ladder of Manhood’ which looks at the pursuit of identity and young men’s fluency in the language of violence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH4PDQ2-qcE